Sunday, December 5, 2010

Recent Events

Dearest readers, I must apologize for my inexcusable behavior over the past few months. I know most have you have been fervently checking my blog daily, awaiting an update. Things have been busy. I know, poor excuse right? We have been working on the house. Things have gotten sidetracked a bit by a wedding, a visit to with my parents, two week trip to arizona and a four week trek in Nepal. I'll get to those in later posts, this post shall focus on what we have been up to with the ol' homestead.

We left off with us finishing painting our bedroom (and me coincidentally making a disaster of the drywall in the living room!)

We took down the big pine tree in our front yard in August, as its massive root system was causing some issues in our basement bedroom.



Poor tree. It was in fine shape, but it was just too close to the house. I wasn't there for the removal, but apparently I wasp nest resulted in Mr. Bucketman to retreat, poor guy. He should have got a bonus for dealing with our pesky wasps.

Here's a good action shot.



It only took a few months, but I finally mudded and taped the drywall that I put up in July, in September :).



We proceeded to paint the trim in the dining room..



And the resulting paint fight ensued. It took weeks to get all of the paint off!


>

Sarah painting the dining room our honeyish color. Good work sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment