Monday, October 10, 2011

Boston!

Well, as I had to go on a work sanctioned bridge inspection training seminar, I thought, what better place than Boston? So, I told the little lady about my plans and she was excited. Turned out she really liked Boston. So, she flew out with me to go on a mini vacation. It took me a while, but I found a very affordable (<$125) a night right in the Back Bay area! Pretty nuts!

Here's the flat. Buckingham Business Apartments. Very spacious spread.














We went on a historical tour and had a cool guide. This one's at Reveres grave.














Ok, is that just about the neatest house or what? Obese people need not apply.


















For a town the size of Boston, not much in the way of breweries. Ol' Sam Adams kinda has a monopoly it would seem. We hit up Harpoon Brewery on a Monday thinking it would be slow. Wicked (as people out here like to say) busy with young twenty-somethings who were generally ignorant in the ways of beer. Not much going on with Harpoon, not very impressed.














A neat church in the middle of the downtown area.















Sarah's visit to the Art Museum yielded a ton of glass blowing exhibits. Pretty cool stuff.


















Me schmarfing my face with a delicious cupcake.


















All in all, a pretty cool trip! Weather was abysmal with drizzle/rain/drizzle/mist/downpour every day until the day I left on my way to the airport. I also went to a Red Sox game after Sarah departed. I snared a standing room only ticket for a princely sum of $25 bucks. Pretty good deal.

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment